Pan-seared scallop on crispy wonton skin
By February 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 3 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 13 mins
Searing a scallop for the first time is probably one of a beginner cook's most dreaded thing to do. I remembered the …
- 6 pieces scallops pat dry with a paper towel
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 stalk spring onion cut into thin, long strips
- cilantro chopped roughly
- salt and pepper to season
- vegetable oil for frying
- 6 pieces wonton skin
- Make sure that your scallops are dry before starting to season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In the meantime, deep fry the wonton skins until they are golden brown. Set it aside.
- Heat some olive oil on a pan on high heat. Wait until you see some smoke before putting the scallops onto the pan. Make sure they are evenly spaced out.
- Cook for about 15 seconds before adding the butter and garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds and lift up the scallops to see if they have browned.
- When they have nicely browned, flip the scallops on the other side.
- Take the scallops out once both sides are nicely caramelized.
- Take one wonton skin and top it off with spring onion, then the scallop and finally with the chopped cilantro.